STEEKEENOWTS



We do the evaluations, we do the calibrations, meet our daily goals, submit our reports, join endless meetings, coach agents who go a little hayward with their calls, and so much more that is not specifically indicated in our work load.

Yes we are Quality Analysts. And we are more than just enemies at the operations floor.

A friend once raised her eyebrows at me and asked why I decided to apply internally for this position. And until now I can only raise my eyebrows back and wonder myself for the right answer. Being in the call center industry for almost 8 years now, I am still stuck with the correct response on to why I did. Maybe that's why we analyze so much. She said that being in quality is a dead end, and right now I realized that I beg to differ.

Ever wonder why when you see your Quality Analyst at the floor they seem so distant? Well for one thing they are not thinking of the zero you just got, but how the hell they would be able to explain it further to the client. You think for some reason they are petiks and spend way too much time loafing around instead of working. Well I guess that is one of the fringe benefits of being in the support group, you get to manage your time. But what you don't know is, when you are consciously waiting for the time for you to log out..we're actually dreading it. Because at the end of the day, every bit of report should be delivered conscientiously and without mistake..after all..we're not quality for nothing. (And yes..over time is a way different thing as well.)

You hate your QAs because you think they act as if they know everything. Well for one thing, they weren't promoted if they didn't. As for external hires, you have to sit down and get to know your QA, because you wouldn't know just how much experience she has in the field. We act as if we know everything because we are simply expected to be like that, and not to burst your bubble, we don't exactly take enjoyment in seeing failing scores. Because if you dread a zero and being reprimanded by your Team Leaders, how would you face a group of angry clients who need a score that meets their demand? And if you jump joyously because of a 100% score, or a good ECVOC?CSAT survey, we also frolick in the happiness...believe me..(and sadly without the sodexhos as you guys get to receive).

A fellow QA once heard a few agents inside the rest room talking about how pathetic she is, and how dumb she really was. She stayed inside the cubicle forever until they left. And honestly she cried about it. The agents were pleasant to her at the floor, but outside they talk and laugh about her. I guess it was unprofessional, but you can't prevent people from giving their insights. It's just sad that this kind of reputation continues to be placed on top of our heads, when all in all we are just doing our jobs.

I continued to be oblivious about all the talking and ranting. But when I was a Quality Analyst for a company where I was able to work closely with the agents, I felt as if this job was really meant for me. Of course it is still inevitable that I hear people talk about me behind my back, but I guess what they talk about is what I do and not who I am. Some of the agents are even my closest friends, and I am grateful that there are people who would know the limit between being chums and being professional.

I know most of you call center agents hate your Quality Analysts, hell I hated mine when I was an agent! It just takes more than just scores to furnish a relationship between your QA and you. They are not enemies, they can be your friends if you spare enough time to get to know them. We do not see you as merely numbers, but we see you as people who strive to deliver their calls well. After all for me, a call is just a call, it's the agent that makes it worthwhile to listen to.

I guess I'll be enjoying this job for a long time. With every responsibility, you learn that you just cannot please everybody. I know that recognition can sometimes be bleak, and how other support groups undermine us, I know it's all worth it still. If my friend would ask me again now why I chose this job..well I guess it's because it comes with just about every bit of challenge that I need.

Yes..hate us..love us..appreciate us..swear in heaven's name why we are there..
We are Quality Analysts..we're only human. And we're here to stay for good.

0 Responses

Post a Comment