STEEKEENOWTS


It's amazing how all the big time call centers keep appearing out of nowhere. And the frequent that they come in, the more we are hypnotized to drop our current jobs and start joining their business. I guess with experience, In-house call centers (centers that support their own accounts) pay higher than outsourcing centers (centers that support outside accounts from different companies). Just like JP Morgan Chase. From what I've heard, they pay on the level of experience you've had with the industry, so for example you've been taking those friggin calls for like 5 years, then your salary would range at around 28k to 30k. Now it's stupid if you don't actually get blinded with that. The good thing about applying for them is you don't have to go through the standard call simulaton/grammar/technical exams that most call centers have. All it takes is the confidence in surviving their various initial, second, final, client, whatever interviews.
Of which I sparingly managed to survive.
I applied for their QA post like a month ago. HR called me for an initial interview, and to my surprise it was a phone patch interview with their QA manager and another HR person sitting there in the room with me, crazily jotting down notes. I took the liberty of explaining my qualifications which felt like forever for the 30 minute span that I sat there with all my English pouring heavily down my nose. After the interview, there was no word of advice from the HR, no "we'll inform you of what happens.." or "we'll call you back". All she could muster to say was "thank you for your time and have a great evening". WTF?????
And after a month, I am still waiting for a call. Normal people would have accepted that tiny detail that I wasn't qualified for the job. But sad to say it didn't stop me from hoping. Because after all, there was no confirmation or whatsoever. No email or text message the least from JP Morgan Chase that I didn't bag the job.
I don't know if there are other applicants who went through the same thing I did. I know for one thing that applying for a support position isn't exactly a one day processing thing. But waiting for a status of an application shouldn't be this tedious. You don't know for sure if they are still pending your status, or if the 25 pesos 5 page resume you had printed eventually went through their paper shredder.
So my experience with Chase isn't actually one of the best. I've heard as well that if you have bad history with any of the local credit cards, they instantly ban you. Which I think is crap. Because if one has a problem with managing money and debt, I think it's pathetic to judge a persons experience and credibility with the work being presented to him. Whatever the case maybe, it is not a basis on how well he could have performed with the company.
I have decided to throw away the issue but it's just discerning that a company with such high standards and popular advancement could possibly be this unprofessional. People actually take their job applications seriously, so it wouldn't hurt just as much if they were properly informed. Whatever it was worth, it was fun trying but in the end of the day, try not to waste other peoples time as well.

Photo from Google Image Bank
0 Responses

Post a Comment